Volunteer With ICS
“Be the change you wish to see in the world.” – Mahatma Gandhi
Immanuel Community Services (ICS) serves approximately 20,000 people experiencing homelessness and hunger each year. As a small organization, ICS relies on the support of our wonderful community volunteers to keep our programs running! Please join us caring for the vulnerable in our community.
Listed below are ways you can help. If you have an idea you don’t see listed, get in touch and we can talk! We have weekly, monthly, quarterly and one-time opportunities.
Whether volunteering, participating in a fundraising event or making a donation – your support is greatly appreciated.
Contact us to volunteer or if you have questions:
email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Looking for someone to schedule and support volunteers in the SLU Food Bank, Grocery Rescue, Home Deliveries and Meal Program.
- Remote or onsite; 1-3 hrs/week.
SLU FOODBANK, GROCERY RESCUE, HOME DELIVERIES & MEAL PROGRAM:
- Tuesdays-Fridays: Prepare and serve meals to guests in our hygiene center, from 10am-1:30pm. Individual or groups.
- Weekends – Grocery Rescue: Collecting and sorting food donations from grocery stores, hours vary between 9am-1pm.
- Van Driver – Drive van on weekends to pick up food donations or during the week to delivery home deliveries.
- Thursdays & Fridays – Home Deliveries: Pack Home Delivery Boxes, help in food pantry; hours vary
- Mondays – Food Bank: Help with set-up, distribution & clean-up on Food Bank days (every Monday). Set-up begins at 8:30am; clean-up until 1:30pm. Individuals or groups.
- Community Lunch: Help with the prep work (Saturday before) or the cooking and serving the last Sunday of every month, 10:30am-2pm. Individuals or groups.
ICS HYGIENE CENTER:
- Staff the welcome desk or facilitate other activities (art, etc.)
Please email email@example.com for more information.
Special Projects for Groups or Individuals
- Bring a group to complete a project or serve a meal
- Organize a drive for hygiene products, hand warmers, etc.
- Social Media/website Volunteer
- Help plan a fundraising event
- Office Support; Program Support
- Help organize donations & clothing closet
- Paint a mural
There are a lot of opportunities for groups & special projects. Contact us with your ideas!
(206) 622-1930 or firstname.lastname@example.org