Volunteer With Us
Immanuel Community Services relies on the support of our wonderful community to keep our programs running! Please join us in our work to feed the hungry and care for the homeless. Listed below are ways you can help. Whether volunteering, participating in a fundraising event or making a donation – your support is greatly appreciated.
Contact us to volunteer or if you have questions:
ph. (206) 622-1930
- Looking for someone to schedule and support volunteers in the SLU Food Bank, Grocery Rescue, Home Deliveries and Meal Program.
- Remote or onsite; 1-3 hrs/week.
SLU FOODBANK, GROCERY RESCUE, HOME DELIVERIES & MEAL PROGRAM:
- Tuesdays-Fridays: Prepare and serve meals to guests in our hygiene center, from 10am-1:30pm.
- Weekends – Grocery Rescue: Collecting and sorting food donations from grocery stores, hours vary between 9am-1pm.
- Thursdays & Fridays – Home Deliveries: Pack Home Delivery Boxes, help in food pantry; hours vary
- Mondays – Food Bank: Set-up begins at 8:30am; clean-up until 1:30pm.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Ongoing Volunteer Opportunities at ICS
Food Bank Volunteers
- Sort donations in the pantry on Saturdays or Sundays.
- Help with set-up, distribution & clean-up on Food Bank days (every Monday).
Community Lunch Volunteers
- Help with the prep work (Saturday before) or the cooking and serving the last Sunday of every month, 10:30am-2pm.
Hygiene Center Volunteers
- Cook a meal, staff the welcome desk or visit and offer compassion to our Hygiene guests. 10am-1:30pm M-F.
Special Projects for Groups or Individuals
- There are lots of opportunities for groups and special projects. Contact us with your ideas!
Board of Directors
- Our board is always looking for new members who are dedicated to ICS’ mission. You can learn more about applying for an open board position here.
- We have several committees that are always looking for additional members. Committees include: Diversity & Inclusion, Finance, Events, Development.