ICS Response to Covid-19
ICS Program Updates
- Food Bank is still open and operating 10:00am – 1:00pm on Mondays.
- While in line, please maintain social distancing by standing on the lines marked on the sidewalk.
- Shoppers will be asked to have their temperature taken and use hand sanitizer before entering.
- We are letting shoppers in one-at-a-time, so the process is slower. Thank you for your patience.
- If you prefer to skip the line, you may grab a pre-packed “to-go bag”. Sorry, there are no substitutions.
- If you are interested in having food delivered, please fill out this form and we will do our best to accommodate you or to make arrangements for you.
- For any other questions, please call (206) 622-1930 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The ICS Hygiene Center is still open and operating Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 2:00pm.
- In light of the current situation, lunch will be served “to-go” until further notice.
- All possible precautions are being taken to ensure the safety of our guests and staff, including mandatory hand-washing, social distancing, hand sanitizer and regular sanitation of all high-touch surfaces.
- Guests are limited to bringing in one bag of belongings with them during program hours.
- The Recovery Shelter residents have now returned to in-person treatment at The Matt Talbot Center.
- The last Sunday of every month, a hot meal will be served from 12-2pm.
- We are still currently serving meals “to-go.” We will not re-open the dining room until we feel confident that we are able to do so safely without restrictions.
- Hand washing is required to receive food.
- Please line up on Pontius Ave. to receive food.
How You Can Help
One of the best ways to help right now is to make a gift. Your support will help cover the unexpected costs of cleaning supplies and staff time needed to keep ICS open and safe.
In order to continue serving people who come to us for help, we are in great need of volunteers.
Some are needed to meet the extra workload cleaning and sanitizing; others are needed to cover for regular volunteers who are not able to come.
Our biggest need right now is during Grocery Rescue on Saturdays and Food Bank on Mondays.
Please email email@example.com to sign-up to volunteer or for more information.
Hygiene Center Needs
- Men’s socks/t-shirts/underwear
- Boxes of individual servings of sugar packets
- Boxes of individual coffee creamers
- Large buckets of laundry detergent (powder)
- Sleeping bags/Tents
- Cases of Small bars of soap
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements to drop off items or ask any questions regarding donations. Alternatively, feel free to order items online and have them sent directly to ICS at 1215 Thomas Street, Seattle, WA 98109
Food Bank Needs
- Bottled Water
- Cases of soda/juice
- Paper grocery bags with handles
- Brown sugar
- Toothbrushes (individually wrapped or 3 packs)
- Large tubes of toothpaste
- Bottles of lotion/shampoo/body wash
- Packs of individual laundry pods
- Heavy duty 42 gallon garbage bags
- Rolls of paper towels
- Powder dishwasher detergent
- Disposable razors
Many of us are turning to Amazon for our shopping needs as we practice our social distancing and Stay At Home. Please remember to use Amazon Smile when you shop on Amazon and choose Immanuel Community Services as your charity. Then a small percentage of your shopping is donated to ICS. You don’t have to pay anything extra but you are helping our neighbors experiencing hunger & homelessness as you shop!!
It’s an easy way to help us keep our doors open and serve those who need us most from the comfort & safety of your own home!
Click Here to check out our Amazon wish list to order supplies and have them sent directly to ICS!